December 16, 2022

District Attorney Erik Nasarenko announced that Zarbab Ali (DOB 01/04/97), of Hawthorne, has been arraigned on murder charges in the death of Simi Valley resident Rachel Castillo. He entered a not guilty plea today to the murder charge and special allegations.

Conviction Integrity

As the United States Supreme Court recognized in Berger v. United States, the twofold aim of the prosecutor “is that guilt shall not escape nor innocence suffer.” While the trial and appellate process contain important safeguards for those accused of crime, we recognize that the criminal justice system is a …