I am the victim of a crime and I want a restraining order to keep a person away from me. Will your office do this for me?

Our office does offer assistance in obtaining certain types of restraining orders. When a case involves domestic violence, we work with victims to obtain domestic violence restraining orders.

We also work with victims and witnesses in obtaining criminal protective orders after a criminal case has been filed. If a case is presented and filed, the assigned prosecutor can request a criminal protective order in court. You may call our Crime Victims’ Assistance Unit at (805) 654-3622 to determine if either of these orders may be appropriate in your matter.