Where do I find information about family support? Who can I talk to about wages garnished for child support?

The District Attorney’s Office no longer handles child support cases. These cases are handled by the Department of Child Support Services. You can obtain more information from their website located at: http://portal.countyofventura.org/portal/page/portal/DCSS. You can also contact them directly by calling (866) 901-3212.

How do I find what employment opportunities exist in your office?

Employment opportunities for the District Attorney’s Office and other county agencies can be found through the County of Ventura’s website here: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/ventura/default.cfm. You may also contact Ventura County’s Human Resources Division at (805) 654-5129 for more information. If you complete an interest card on the county’s website, you will receive …

I would like information about a criminal case that has been filed in the Ventura County Superior Court. How can I get case information?

You may call (805) 654-2611 or check the Ventura County Superior Court’s web site: http://www.ventura.courts.ca.gov/case-inquiry.html. You will need the defendant’s full name and date of birth to access case information.

What happens at the arraignment, preliminary hearing, and pre-trial court dates?

At an arraignment, the charges against the defendant are presented, a lawyer is appointed if the defendant cannot afford one, and the defendant’s plea is entered. At a preliminary hearing, the prosecutor presents evidence to a judge to show there is probable cause that the defendant committed the crime(s) charged …