How can I have my criminal record expunged?

Depending on the type of crime for which you were convicted and the sentence imposed by the judge, there are various procedures and forms that may be required before a judge will consider your request. You should seek assistance from the attorney who represented you in your case to assist you. The District Attorney’s Office does not initiate or handle expungement requests. The Ventura County Public Defender’s website offers guidance about court forms used to make these requests at: