How can I get my property returned in a criminal case?

When a criminal case has been resolved, our office sends a property release to the police agency that handled the case. You should contact that police agency directly. If they do not have a release on file, please contact our office and the attorney who handled the case will review your request and prepare a property release, if appropriate. In certain cases, we are required to wait at least 60 days to see if an appeal is filed. If you are the victim, in many cases we may be able to have your property photographed and returned to you. We do not authorize the release of firearms or other contraband to defendants after a conviction.