I think someone is using my credit cards (or has stolen my driver’s license). Can the District Attorney’s Office help me?

You should report this crime directly to your local law enforcement or police agency. The California Attorney General’s Office has a list of steps that can be taken if you are the victim of identity theft. You can get more information at their website: https://oag.ca.gov/idtheft/facts/victim-checklist.

I think I’ve been cheated by a contractor/ tradesman/ shopkeeper, or other person who provides labor or services. Can the District Attorney’s Office help me?

Our Consumer Mediation Unit attempts to resolve disputes between consumers and businesses. If you wish to speak with a mediator about your complaint, please call (805) 654-3110 (Ventura office) or (805) 306-7930 (East County office). Please read more about consumer mediation here.