I am having trouble with my landlord/tenant, can you help me?

The California Department of Consumer Affairs offers a publication entitled “California Tenants: A Guide to Residential Tenants’ and Landlords’ Rights and Responsibilities.” It has basic information on the responsibilities of landlords regarding residential dwellings. You can find the publication at this website: https://landlordtenant.dre.ca.gov/resources/guidebook/index.html.

The Ventura County Superior Court’s Self-Help Legal Access Center offers guidance on how to fill out court forms for various types of cases including eviction/unlawful detainer actions; however their staff cannot offer any legal advice. For recorded information, please call (805) 654-3962 or visit their site at: http://www.ventura.courts.ca.gov/shlac.html.

The Ventura County Bar Association offers attorney referral services and limited pro bono (free) legal assistance. You may visit their site at: http://www.vcba.org/.